Saturday, January 14, 2012

Caldecott Challenge Update: 1938-1941

After getting loads of early Medal and Honor books from my local public library, I renewed my effort to read the Caldecott books in order. I am still focused on the stress free part of this challenge, so have been trying to use my phone (iPhone 4S) as much as possible to document my progress: camera (hence some blurry pics), video, blogger app, goodreads app, etc.

I was hoping to utilize the Animoto app to put images into a short movie right from my phone, but it only allowed 12 pictures without text with a free educator account. So I resorted to actually transferring pictures to my computer to use iMovie - still reasonably stress free for me.

I am looking forward to adding to this as I go.



I have gotten distracted with other reading I wanted to fit in before the ALA announcements at the end of this month, so my progress so far (not counting those have read before the challenge) is only:
17 read / 289 to go.

I really been enjoying all the wonderful conversation on Twitter at #nerdcott and on goodreads.
Thank you to everyone who is joining in - what a wonderful reading community!


Interested in joining us on the Caldecott Medal and Honor Book Reading Challenge? Find out more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment