Monday, January 2, 2012

Exciting goals for 2012

Happy New Year!
It's 2012, and I am looking forward to...

1.
The Caldecott Reading Challenge: Read every Caldecott Medal and Honor book from the start of the award in 1938 to the present.
Twitter: #nerdcott


2.
The Pura Belpré Challenge hosted by Amy B of classic6books
I love this award since it is in honor of a librarian who truly connected with her community through library service. 
I am planning to focus my reading for this challenge on the the picture books that have been awarded the Pura Belpré Award. 
Twiter: #nerdabelpre




3. 
The Nonfiction Picture Book Challenge hosted by Alyson Beecher of Kid Lit Frenzy.
This is an area where I really would like to grow, and I know following along on this challenge will lead me to many fabulous new books.
Twitter: #nfpb2012


4. 
The challenge that seemed to start it all... the Newbery Challenge hosted by Mr. Schu and Mr. Sharp. Since this is a "stress-free" personal challenge, I am choosing a handful of Newbery winners I have always wanted to read but haven't.
Twitter: #nerdbery


5.
Spending some time continuing to turn this:


into this:
The Bees' Knees by by Mary Scott Huff 

before Cupcake is too big to wear it!







1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the sweater! I've given up on knitting for anyone but the dog, who tends not to grow so quickly! Very cute pattern. Good luck with your challenges.

    ReplyDelete