Monday, November 19, 2012

A Kiss Means I Love You by Allen



A Kiss Means I Love You 
written by Katheryn Madeline Allen
photographs by Eric Futran

What it's about:
Kids "say" many things without words using facial expressions and gestures.

What I love:
Babies and young ones love pictures of faces, and Eric Futran has illustrated each facial expression and gesture in this book with fabulous photographs of kids. These are pictures that young ones will pour over again and again.
The variety of the kids and parents represented in the photos is wonderful allowing many families to see themselves represented in this book along with providing a window to the rich diversity of our world.



The rhyming text has a lovely rhythm for reading aloud over and over and over again (as tends to happen with books for young ones).


A kiss means I love you,
a wave means hello,
a smile means I’m happy,
a tug means let’s go!


This is a well done concept book that is destined to become a classic baby gift. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in board book format in the future.


More information about A Kiss Means I Love You at www.akissmeansiloveyou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment